ATHLETE SAFETY POLICIES
World Athlete® Organizational Policies are in compliance the U.S. Center for SafeSport and include the following:
- Background screening of coaches including criminal background checks and the U.S. Center for SafeSport’s centralized disciplinary database
- Mandatory reporting of child abuse
- Training for those working with athletes
- Limiting one-on-one interactions between adults who have regular contact with or authority over amateur athletes who are minors
- Creating a safe physical environment in training areas
- Rules for overnight travel, including transportation, hotel room sharing, and monitoring athlete activities
- Communication transparency especially with social media, text and email
World Athlete® Coaching Staff reports suspected criminal behavior immediately in compliance with New Jersey state law.
COVID protocols and procedures are followed in compliance with the NJ Department of Health and the Burlington County Health Department.